Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Kingdom Rush Frontiers!

An item in my Steam inventory piqued my interest and imagine my surprise when I found a discount to a game sequel I played the hell out of. Kingdom Rush is a tower defense game with cute charming graphics, and as I'm a sucker for tower defense games it did indeed take up many a spare hour.

Kingdom Rush Frontier continues the storyline (yes, there is actually something to follow in these games!) and I'm hoping the great gameplay. The original game offered challenges to achieve and of course required you to think strategically and tactically.

So here goes. My first boot up of Kingdom Rush Frontiers. The art style is the same and that's fine by me cos I love it. You can only choose 1 Hero at the very start, but you can improve their skills :



Each Hero has different utility and you'll fine them useful in different situations, so expect to be restarting a few times to re-select your Hero for one that is better suited to your enemies. My favourite so far has to be the Pirate, he's just great, and he gives extra coins when enemies die near him, and that constant boost is so so useful.


The comic style artwork at the start of each chapter is so cool and I really enjoy it. It adds a nice little touch.


Each level of the campaign will give you a little backstory and the option to do the level on Heroic or Iron. These add a new challenge by restricting what buildings you can use or no Hero etc. As you progress further into the game, the levels even on Normal will present a decent challenge, but it makes you think, and it makes you want to try new tactics and think strategically, and it keeps me busy for long periods of time. 

I've played it for a few hours, and I'll be playing it through to the end like I did the original. It's a great, challenging little game that is only £6.99 so it's a cheap little sink for how many hours you'll get out of it. 

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment